As New Zealand Prime Minster Jacinda Ardern approaches the end of her first year, her husband has spoken about looking after their three-month-old baby.
The first-time-father and TV presenter Clarke Gayford may not be the first stay-at-home dad but he may be an important one.
Speaking exclusively to Anna Silverman for Grazia he shared his experience of looking after baby Neve while his wife ran the country.


The husband of New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Clarke Gayford, (above) spoke exclusively to Anna Silverman for Grazia. He shared his experience of looking after three-month-old baby Neve while his wife ran the country


He shared his recent experience of attending his wife's caucus meeting and handing baby Neve over to his wife to breastfeed
He told the women's magazine that he and Neve can never be too far away from the PM, who is the country's youngest prime minister in 150 years, because she is still breastfeeding.
This even meant being an additional member at her recent caucus meeting in front of all of her Labour MPs and handing Neve over to his wife for her to breastfeed the newborn.
He told Grazia: 'I can get Neve to sleep by pushing her around the boardroom. I'm hell-bent on wearing a hole in that carpet because I've done quite a few laps of that table.'
In addition to being inundated with play-date invitations from parents, Mr Gayford opened up about being a first time parent and the responsibilities that come with the life-changing role.




The father spoke about being inundated with play-date invitations from parents and the responsibilities that come with the life-changing role
He told Silverman becoming a father made him realise he was in charge of this little bundle and if he didn't clean behind the baby's ears no one else would.
But it was the breakthrough moments like the cheeky gummy smile in the morning that made the role all the more worthwhile and gave him that instant boost.
He explained that choosing to be a stay-at-home father was a 'no-brainer' for him.
He told Silverman: 'It's so much more than a job. I have no doubt I'll look back on it as the best thing I've ever done.'
Receiving support from men far and wide, the PM's husband also shared the enthusiasm he has received from the sporting world too,.
He and his wife recently met players from New Zealand's All Blacks team after their win against Australia and were met with players wishing to share their own stories about raising children.


Pictured: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern (left) with her new-born baby Neve and her partner Clarke Gayford (right) at Auckland City Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand
In New Zealand fathers are currently entitled to 22 weeks paternal leave and this is expected to be rise to 26 weeks by July 2020.
The move to increase paternity leave marks a significant step forward for the country.
However the female Prime Minister's journey has been far from an easy ride.
Earlier this month she was subjected to an increasing amount of criticism for costing the taxpayer $80,000 (approx £40,250) after she decided to travel to the pacific islands forum in Nauru separately from her deputy in order to reduce time spent away from her baby, who was 11 weeks at the time.
Link textbacklinkexchanges.comhttps://textbacklinkexchanges.com/nz-prime-minister-jacinda-arderns-husband-on-being-a-stay-a-dad/
News Pictures NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's husband on being a stay a dad
You don’t have to pack away your bikini just because you’re the wrong side of 20. These body-beautiful stars reveal their secrets to staying in shape and prove you can smoulder in a two-piece, whatever your age. Read on and be bikini inspired!
TEENS
Hayden Panettiere
Size: 8
Age: 18
Height: 5ft 1in
Weight: 8st
To achieve her kick-ass figure, Hayden – who plays cheerleader Claire Bennet in Heroes – follows the ‘quartering’ rule. She eats only a quarter of the food on her plate, then waits 20 minutes before deciding whether she needs to eat again.
Hayden says: “I don’t have a model’s body, but I’m not one of those crazy girls who thinks that they’re fat. I’m OK with what I have.”
Nicollette says: “I don’t like diets – I see it, I eat it! I believe in eating healthily with lots of protein, vegetables and carbs to give you energy.”
kim cattrall
Size: 10-12
Age: 52
Height: 5ft 8in
Weight: 9st 4lb
SATC star Kim swears by gym sessions with Russian kettle bells (traditional cast-iron weights) and the South Beach Diet to give her the body she wants. To avoid overeating, Kim has a radical diet trick – squirting lemon juice on her leftovers – so she won’t carry on picking.
Kim says: “I am no super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.”
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/17/19/504CE22E00000578-6176775-image-a-2_1537210705907.jpg
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий