Free Money

Loading...

среда, 31 июля 2019 г.

"Many Photos" - Peta Todd shares her tips on how to deal with sibling squabbles

THE mum-of-four talks family life in her weekly column.


Today Peta, who is married to Olympic cyclist Mark Cavendish, discuses sibling squabbles.


Peta Todd says she loves everything about weddings
Stewart Williams - The Sun
Peta Todd says the only solution she’s found so far is taking lots of deep breaths while chanting ‘this too shall pass’[/caption]


AS the holidays are in full swing we are instantly reminded how even the closest of siblings can suddenly turn on each other and start acting out deleted scenes from Gladiator.


The bickering that is normally reserved for weekends only is now present in all aspects of life – from teeth-brushing to watching television and generally inhaling and exhaling.


I only have one sibling who is nine years younger than me and my beef was usually at having to be on parent duty for “just one sec” or having to let the little kid hang out with me and my friends. Not cool.


I will be honest I never had the issue of physical fights until I had Casper 15 months ago. Do not be fooled by his chubby cheeks and curly locks – the kid can be a little savage.


He bites, pinches and plays us all like puppets. Before he came along, the kids would bicker, flick and throw a football slightly too hard at each others’ heads but nothing like this.


The battles are more frequent, easier to spark and gruesome during the holidays, writes Peta
Alamy

As a parent, where is the line between letting children learn to settle their differences between them and allowing it to get a touch too Fight Club? Should you place bets on who is going to win or stop it at the first sign of a scrap?


There is something to be said for hierarchy that exists within older and younger siblings and learning to accept that sometimes life isn’t fair.


I also believe time and place has a lot to do with it.  Would I let the kids brawl over a toy in the middle of a restaurant? Nope.


But would I let them tussle a little in the playroom? Yes, I would.


As I mentioned before, I am now guilty of exactly what I used to hate as a child and that is asking the older kids to watch the little ones “for a minute”, or to “quickly” grab this or that.

I say guilty but really, I’m not at all.  I see our family as a unit, a team that works together and learns to support each other and that includes the children looking out for each other too.


But during the hallowed six-week holiday the understanding levels are low, the battles are more frequent, easier to spark and more gruesome.


The only solution I’ve found so far is taking lots of deep breaths while chanting the “this too shall pass” mantra.  Oh and picking your favourite child and hoping they win.



Link
https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/peta-todd-shares-her-tips-on-how-to-deal-with-sibling-squabbles/
News Photo Peta Todd shares her tips on how to deal with sibling squabbles
Advertising
You don’t have to pack away your dress just because you’re the wrong side of 20. These body-beautiful stars reveal their secrets to staying in shape and prove you can smoulder in a two-piece, whatever your age. Read on and be bikini inspired!

Kim says: “I am no super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/NINTCHDBPICT000342276412-e1561601519372.jpg?strip=all&w=649

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Loading...