Free Money

Loading...

пятница, 29 марта 2019 г.

"Many Photos" - Girl, 16, pushed off bridge by pal breaks down in court as she tells her ‘you’ve changed my life for the worst’

A GIRL who was pushed of a bridge by her friend has told a court the experience has changed her life “for the worse”.


An emotional Jordan Holgerson was speaking at the sentencing of Tay’Lor Smith, who shoved the teenager off a bridge leaving her with punctured lungs and six broken ribs


Tay’Lor Smith, 19, began her two-day prison sentence in Vancouver, Washington, today after pleading guilty to shoving her friend off a bridge
AP:Associated Press
Jordan, centre, told the court she is in constant pain from her injuries
AP:Associated Press

Today
Smith shoved her then-16-year-old pal off a 60ft bridge last August[/caption]

Harrowing footage that went viral showed Smith barging into her friend as she stood on the edge of a bridge that spanned a popular swimming spot.


Smith, who expressed remorse for the “pain and humiliation” that her former friend had suffered, had hoped to avoid jail after pleading guilty to reckless endangerment earlier this month.


But overruling a plea deal struck with prosecutors, Judge Darvin J Zimmerman sided with the victim’s mum who had begged him to send her to prison.


He ruled that Smith spend two days in custody and 38 days on an unpaid work crew.


The charge of reckless endangerment is punishable by up to a year in jail and a maximum fine of $5,000 (£3,800).


In court today, an emotional Jordan, now 17, described her fall as the moment “that changed my life for the worse”.


A swimmer raced out to rescue her before she was taken to the nearby PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver.


CONSTANT PAIN


Jordan said last year: “I kind of got mad because the rest of my summer’s gone and I’m probably going to be recovering for the rest of the school year.


“I’m in a lot of pain.”


She added: “In the mornings it’s the worst, like it hurts to breathe. My side hurts. My shoulder hurts. I can’t even get up.”


Jordan told how she blacked out in terror as she fell towards the water.


She told told a local website: “In mid-air I think I might’ve blacked out… I was awake and aware when I hit the water.”


Footage of the moments before the push show Jordan repeatedly saying “stop” and “wait”.


Taylor can be heard saying: “Just go you promised you would do it. I’m going to push you.


“I don’t care. I’d jump in there to save you if anything happens. Jordan, I got you.”


It is then that Smith shoves her pal off the bridge – with Jordan seen plummeting towards the water face-first.


FRIENDSHIP DASHED


Taylor later told Good Morning America that she never thought her friend would be injured – and that she believed everything “would be fine”.


She said: “She wanted to jump and she was scared and she asked me to give her a push, I didn’t think about the consequences.


“I’ve apologised several times, but I haven’t been able to see her in person.


“I went to the hospital. I got asked to leave, I wasn’t allowed to see her.


“I never intended to hurt her, ever. I’m really sorry it turned out that way. I just pray she heals.”


The pair have not reconciled — with Jordan saying that the apologies don’t change the fact that she nearly died.


The Sun Online revealed that Taylor was later seen partying with friends “as if nothing happened” at the Clark County Fair.


According to sources, Taylor has left school, is unemployed and lives with her grandmother.


 

Ashley Mahree, a friend who recorded the video and shared it online, said: “This looks to be almost criminal.”


The bridge in Moulton Falls Regional Park is a popular spot for daredevils – though there’s a sign prohibiting jumping and diving.


Clark County Fire Chief Ben Peeler confirmed it is illegal to jump from the bridge.


Today
Jordan Holgerson repeatedly said ‘no’ and ‘wait’ before being violently shoved off a bridge[/caption]


Today
Smith shoved her pal off the 60ft bridge in Vancouver, Washington, last year[/caption]


It is illegal for people to jump off the bridge, which stretches over a popular swimming spot

GoFundMe
Jordan was left with severe injuries including shattered ribs and punctured lungs[/caption]


Refer to Caption
Tay’Lor Smith will spend two days in jail and 38 days performing unpaid work[/caption]


Today
Smith insisted she had apologised to her former friend over the shove[/caption]


Facebook
Jordan Holgerson suffered broken ribs and punctured lungs from the fall[/caption]


Judge Darvin Zimmerman, left, listens to comments from survivor Jordan Holgerson
AP:Associated Press

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.




Link
https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/girl-16-pushed-off-bridge-by-pal-breaks-down-in-court-as-she-tells-her-youve-changed-my-life-for-the-worst/
News Photo Girl, 16, pushed off bridge by pal breaks down in court as she tells her ‘you’ve changed my life for the worst’
Advertising
You don’t have to pack away your dress just because you’re the wrong side of 20. These body-beautiful stars reveal their secrets to staying in shape and prove you can smoulder in a two-piece, whatever your age. Read on and be bikini inspired!

Kim says: “I am no super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/NINTCHDBPICT000478961930.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Loading...