Free Money

Loading...

вторник, 1 января 2019 г.

New photo Law student, 24, almost died from a blood clot after taking contraceptive pill



Grace Marwick, 24, had a severe reaction to the pill which left her in hospital for a week


Grace Marwick, 24, had a severe reaction to the pill which left her in hospital for a week



Grace Marwick, 24, had a severe reaction to the pill which left her in hospital for a week



A law student narrowly avoided death after she developed a blood clot in her lung - after taking the contraceptive pill for just three months.


Grace Marwick, 24, of Ipswich, Suffolk, had a severe reaction to the Gedarel 30/150 pill which left her in hospital for a week and having to take blood-thinning medication for a year.


The insurance claims handler, who was at Exeter University at the time of the clot, had started to feel breathless - four months after she started taking the tablets - but put it down to being unfit.


But it was only when she collapsed that she sought medical attention and rushed to hospital. Medics told her she could have suffered a stroke or even died if she had not she seen a doctor when she did.


Miss Marwick was admitted to an A&E unit where medics spotted the blood clot and saved her life.


She said: 'My contraceptive pill almost killed me after I reacted badly to it and developed a blood clot in my lung. 


'I'm lucky to be here today and I'm so grateful doctors spotted it when they did.'


Miss Marwick, who first noticed symptoms in August 2015, said: 'I was really short of breath. I would run up the stairs and have to sit down, I would be huffing and puffing.




Miss Marwick was in hospital for a week and had to take blood-thinning medication for a year


Miss Marwick was in hospital for a week and had to take blood-thinning medication for a year



Miss Marwick was in hospital for a week and had to take blood-thinning medication for a year



'Because I'd just been on holiday and had been eating loads of rubbish, I just thought I had got a bit unfit and that I needed to get back to the gym. I put it down to that and didn't worry too much.'


But over the next few weeks Miss Marwick started noticing herself get worse and worse.

She said: 'I was struggling with day to day tasks and felt like I needed to take everything a bit slower.


'I had to pause to catch my breath when walking around the supermarket doing my weekly shop.'


Miss Marwick had gone to the doctor's surgery at her university campus in May 2015 and was put on the pill as a form of contraception.




Medics told Miss Marwick, who was studying at Exeter University at the time, that she could have suffered a stroke or even died if she had not she seen a doctor when she did


Medics told Miss Marwick, who was studying at Exeter University at the time, that she could have suffered a stroke or even died if she had not she seen a doctor when she did



Medics told Miss Marwick, who was studying at Exeter University at the time, that she could have suffered a stroke or even died if she had not she seen a doctor when she did



She said: 'It was the first time I'd been prescribed the pill. But it didn't cross my mind that I might have an adverse reaction to it.



What is a pulmonary embolism?



A pulmonary embolism is a blocked blood vessel in the lungs, which can be life-threatening if not treated quickly.


Sufferers will have severe difficulty breathing, their heart will be beating very fast or they will have passed out.


Patients at hospital are normally given an injection of anticoagulant medicine to stop blood clots getting bigger and prevent new clots forming.


If tests confirm the patient has a pulmonary embolism, they will have at lesat five days of anticoagulant injections - and will need to take the tablets for at least three months.


People who suffer a pulmonary embolism are normally expected to make a full recovery if it is spotted and treated early.




'So many women take it and are absolutely fine, I was just one of the unlucky ones.'


In August 2015, Grace collapsed after going to the train station to pick up a ticket for her journey to London where she was starting her new job.


She said: 'My boyfriend, Ben, drove me to the station and he stayed in the car, whilst I popped out to buy my ticket.


'I wanted to avoid any stress on Monday morning when I planned to travel from Ipswich - where I lived - to London to start my new job at an insurance company.


'I went to rush into the station, but as I ran across the road to the entrance, I collapsed on the concrete. I woke up on the floor with a whole host of strangers around me.


'Ben didn't realise what was going on as he couldn't see me from where he was parked. When I came around, someone tried to call an ambulance.


'I sat up and insisted that I'd be fine, I thought I'd just taken a funny turn as I hadn't eaten any breakfast that morning and put it down to feeling a bit weak.





Miss Marwick was admitted to A&E where medics spotted the blood clot and saved her life


Miss Marwick was admitted to A&E where medics spotted the blood clot and saved her life






Medics rushed Miss Marwick in and performed tests on her at hospital


Medics rushed Miss Marwick in and performed tests on her at hospital



Miss Marwick was admitted to A&E where medics spotted the blood clot and saved her life



'I asked someone to go and grab Ben and he came over. He helped me to my feet, but I couldn't walk without collapsing onto him. He drove home with me in the car.


'I wasn't sure what to do, I had hit my head on the concrete and that's why I thought I didn't feel good. When I got home, I couldn't walk up the stairs. 


'Ben called the out of hours doctors and they said to get me straight to A&E at Ipswich Hospital. I was put in a wheelchair and started struggling to breathe.'


Medics rushed Miss Marwick in and performed tests. 




When Miss Marwick collapsed, she sought medical attention and rushed to hospital


When Miss Marwick collapsed, she sought medical attention and rushed to hospital



When Miss Marwick collapsed, she sought medical attention and rushed to hospital



She said: 'They told me it could be a blood clot on my lungs. After a few hours of waiting for results, they confirmed I'd suffered a pulmonary embolism.


'They asked for my medical history and any details of pre-existing medical conditions and I had no background in my family of anything like it. I was perfectly healthy.


'When I told them I was on the pill - and had been for a short while - they put it down to that.'


Miss Marwick had to stay in hospital for a week whilst she recovered from the episode.




An out of hours doctor said Miss Marwick should be taken straight to A&E at Ipswich Hospital


An out of hours doctor said Miss Marwick should be taken straight to A&E at Ipswich Hospital



An out of hours doctor said Miss Marwick should be taken straight to A&E at Ipswich Hospital



She said: 'My heart rate was crazy, it wouldn't slow down. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and they started me on Warfarin - a blood thinning medication I needed to stay on for a year. I had bad concussion too which they gave me paracetamol for.


'The doctor told me it had all been caused by the pill and took me off it straight away. Thankfully I haven't had any problems since.


'Because the clot was on my lung, if I had waited any longer anything could have happened.


'I would have had a stroke if I had waited any longer and may have even died. I'm now taking a different pill which seems to be fine.


'I just want to warn other women and encourage them to be careful and to go straight to the doctors if they have any unusual symptoms at all.'


https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/category/the-sun-world/
https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/law-student-24-almost-died-from-a-blood-clot-after-taking-contraceptive-pill/
News Pictures Law student, 24, almost died from a blood clot after taking contraceptive pill

You don’t have to pack away your bikini just because you’re the wrong side of 20. These body-beautiful stars reveal their secrets to staying in shape and prove you can smoulder in a two-piece, whatever your age. Read on and be bikini inspired!

TEENS
Hayden Panettiere
Size: 8
Age: 18
Height: 5ft 1in
Weight: 8st

To achieve her kick-ass figure, Hayden – who plays cheerleader Claire Bennet in Heroes – follows the ‘quartering’ rule. She eats only a quarter of the food on her plate, then waits 20 minutes before deciding whether she needs to eat again.

Hayden says: “I don’t have a model’s body, but I’m not one of those crazy girls who thinks that they’re fat. I’m OK with what I have.”

Nicollette says: “I don’t like diets – I see it, I eat it! I believe in eating healthily with lots of protein, vegetables and carbs to give you energy.”

kim cattrall

Size: 10-12
Age: 52
Height: 5ft 8in
Weight: 9st 4lb

SATC star Kim swears by gym sessions with Russian kettle bells (traditional cast-iron weights) and the South Beach Diet to give her the body she wants. To avoid overeating, Kim has a radical diet trick – squirting lemon juice on her leftovers – so she won’t carry on picking.

Kim says: “I am no super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.”
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/01/12/8014796-6544471-image-m-286_1546344530160.jpg

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Loading...