Free Money

Loading...

суббота, 15 сентября 2018 г.

New photo Retired wartime nurse, 105, claims secret to long life is to ‘avoid men as they aren’t worth the hassle’

A 105-year-old woman has revealed the secret of her longevity – staying away from men.


Born in 1913, Brenda Osborne has lived through both world wars and took just one sick day off in her 33-year career as a nurse.


SWNS:South West News Service
Brenda Osborne, 105, says the secret to longevity is avoiding men[/caption]


Brenda was born in Mansfield, Nottingham and lived in her childhood home for an astonishing 93 years before moving into a nursing home last year.


But she claims would never have got to where she is now if she had a husband.


“I would put my good health down to hard work and avoiding men,” Brenda said.


She added: “I loved celebrating my birthday although I was disappointed the Queen didn’t come.


SWNS:South West News Service
The retired wartime nurse has lived through two world wars[/caption]


“I received my letter from her but I thought an appearance was the least she could do.”


Brenda went to Carter Lane School and then Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School and loved holidaying in her caravan at Ingoldmells.


She first started work at Victoria Hospital in 1940 treating wounded Dunkirk veterans. She became an assistant nurse in 1946 and then a senior nurse in 1953.


She now lives at Brookholme Croft Nursing Home in Hasland where she toasted her 105th birthday with a party.


SWNS:South West News Service
Brenda treated Dunkirk veterans at Victoria Hospital in 1940[/caption]


Brenda’s great-niece said of the event: “It was a lovely day for Brenda to celebrate with all her nearest and dearest.


“The care home did a wonderful job planning it and making the day extra special.


“My auntie living for over a century is no surprise to me as she’s always been fiercely independent.


SWNS:South West News Service
She was pleased to receive a happy birthday card from the Queen but disappointed she did not pay her a visit[/caption]

“She only moved into the care home last year and jokes her secret to long life is avoiding men – as they aren’t worth the hassle.”


Brenda’s family, including two great-nieces, attended her big day on Saturday, September 4th.

Link
https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/retired-wartime-nurse-105-claims-secret-to-long-life-is-to-avoid-men-as-they-arent-worth-the-hassle/
News Pictures Retired wartime nurse, 105, claims secret to long life is to ‘avoid men as they aren’t worth the hassle’

You don’t have to pack away your bikini just because you’re the wrong side of 20. These body-beautiful stars reveal their secrets to staying in shape and prove you can smoulder in a two-piece, whatever your age. Read on and be bikini inspired!

TEENS
Hayden Panettiere
Size: 8
Age: 18
Height: 5ft 1in
Weight: 8st

To achieve her kick-ass figure, Hayden – who plays cheerleader Claire Bennet in Heroes – follows the ‘quartering’ rule. She eats only a quarter of the food on her plate, then waits 20 minutes before deciding whether she needs to eat again.

Hayden says: “I don’t have a model’s body, but I’m not one of those crazy girls who thinks that they’re fat. I’m OK with what I have.”

Nicollette says: “I don’t like diets – I see it, I eat it! I believe in eating healthily with lots of protein, vegetables and carbs to give you energy.”

kim cattrall

Size: 10-12
Age: 52
Height: 5ft 8in
Weight: 9st 4lb

SATC star Kim swears by gym sessions with Russian kettle bells (traditional cast-iron weights) and the South Beach Diet to give her the body she wants. To avoid overeating, Kim has a radical diet trick – squirting lemon juice on her leftovers – so she won’t carry on picking.

Kim says: “I am no super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/NINTCHDBPICT000433483855-e1537003954923.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Loading...