The Predator was kind of rough, to put it nicely. Rumor has it that the movie was heavily re-shot at times, but specifically, the ending changed a LOT over time. Obviously, we’re going into spoiler territory, but this shit is insane.
So, at the end of The Predator, the titular monster’s ship crashes during the finale. After that, a salvage team finds a piece of technology that’s meant to be a “Predator killer” suit, which was supposed to be a sequel hook.
Now, that’s an all right sequel hook, but it’s way WAY better than an ending that actually got filmed.
It’s rare to be able to say “this ending could have ruined multiple movies,” but an alternate ending for The Predator could have done just that. What follows is an Instagram post from Yuri Everson, a creature effects designer.
Via h2originals IG
Via h2originals IG
Via h2originals IG
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
I had two distinct reactions to this. The first was “THAT’S AWESOME,” but that was the part of my brain that loves the movie Aliens more than most people.
The other reaction was “this is the worst idea anyone has ever come up with in the history of movies.”
Now, this would be far from the first time a movie tried to crossover the Alien and Predator franchises, but bringing Ripley in specifically is batshit, mostly due to the fact that she is explicitly born in the future so how the fuck did she get to modern-day Earth?
As if that wasn’t crazy enough, one of the other endings didn’t have Ellen Ripley. It had another character from the future:
Via h2originals IG
Via h2originals IG
Via h2originals IG
Via h2originals IG
I don’t have time to get into how fucking crazy that idea is too, but let’s just say that even if you could put in some kind of time travel explanation, “Newt” didn’t exactly make it to adulthood (shit man, her autopsy is a scene in the Alien movies, what the fuck were they thinking?).
I’m always going to love the best of both franchises (hell, I’m even on board with Alien 3 at this point, the “Assembly Cut” is a really good version of that movie), but stop trying to smash them together like this. Find another way.
Or, just create a whole new badass alien monster movie that’s so good we want mythology behind it. That’d be really great too.
h/t The A.V. Club
https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/holy-st-the-predator-almost-had-the-craziest-ending-14-photos-and-gifs/
News Pictures Holy s**t, The Predator almost had the craziest ending (14 Photos and GIFs)
You don’t have to pack away your bikini just because you’re the wrong side of 20. These body-beautiful stars reveal their secrets to staying in shape and prove you can smoulder in a two-piece, whatever your age. Read on and be bikini inspired!
TEENS
Hayden Panettiere
Size: 8
Age: 18
Height: 5ft 1in
Weight: 8st
To achieve her kick-ass figure, Hayden – who plays cheerleader Claire Bennet in Heroes – follows the ‘quartering’ rule. She eats only a quarter of the food on her plate, then waits 20 minutes before deciding whether she needs to eat again.
Hayden says: “I don’t have a model’s body, but I’m not one of those crazy girls who thinks that they’re fat. I’m OK with what I have.”
Nicollette says: “I don’t like diets – I see it, I eat it! I believe in eating healthily with lots of protein, vegetables and carbs to give you energy.”
kim cattrall
Size: 10-12
Age: 52
Height: 5ft 8in
Weight: 9st 4lb
SATC star Kim swears by gym sessions with Russian kettle bells (traditional cast-iron weights) and the South Beach Diet to give her the body she wants. To avoid overeating, Kim has a radical diet trick – squirting lemon juice on her leftovers – so she won’t carry on picking.
Kim says: “I am no super-thin Hollywood actress. I am built for men who like women to look like women.”
https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/PredatorE1.gif?w=320














Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий